We are currently seeking a
Youth Program Manager!
As the Youth Program Manager you will oversee our Youth Programs. You will report directly to the Executive Director and work with our Parent Program Manager to ensure quality programming for our community. See below for more information:
- After-school program (mid-August through 2015 school year): Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesday from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.; Thursdays from 2:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.; and Fridays from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Summer program (June through August): Mondays-Thursdays 12:00 p.m – 5:00 p.m.
- Other responsibilities are completed at the Garden Quarter office during non-programming hours.
- Total hours: 25 hours per week
Background & Experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Experience working with a social agency, specifically with youth and families preferred
- Experience managing programs or projects
- Experience with volunteer management or recruitment
Job Responsibilities & Expectations
- Ability to initiate, organize and implement all aspects of the Youth Program activities and core elements
- Enroll, track and supervise youth within the program
- Keep open communication with Parent Program Manager regarding Youth Program updates
- Track and provide program data to Executive Director regarding the Youth Program
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment within the program
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining community partnerships
- Assist families in accessing community resources
- Volunteer management: recruit, train and supervise volunteers; host volunteer trainings
- Remain flexible to the needs of the program and organization
Skills & Specifications
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and independently, and to see them through to completion within time constraints
- Excellent listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Commitment and respect for diversity
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals
- Knowledge of McHenry County community agencies and resources a plus
- Ability to demonstrate interactive skills with children and adults
- Basic data entry skills needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Application, Resume, & Cover Letter
Applicants meeting the above requirements: please complete our Youth Program Manager application. Please email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. Only email applications are accepted.