Another thank you to The Chapel of McHenry! Over the past two weekends, we worked with Mary Frank, Kate and Ted Snarski, and the Domestic Outreach Team at The Chapel to sell beautiful luminaries (made by Mary), planter pot holders (made by Ted), and golf ball ladybugs (made by our kids, volunteers, and staff) to The Chapel congregation members. I want to send an extra thank you to Mary who put a lot of time and effort into this event all to support our families and programs. You and your group are such a blessing to our organization. We can never say thank you enough! Thank you to our students – Karen, Jamie, and Santana who helped us sell on the 26th!
Thank you so much to the Northern Illinois Food Bank and Jay Pniewski for coming in April to teach out students about nutrition and healthy eating – we had a blast! Sponsored by the Food Bank, this program brought a chef-in-training to our site to make a dish with our students, teach them about what nutrients are contained within, and encourage them to try something new. We welcome you to come back any time because the kids had such a great time! Thank you so much!
A HUGE thank you to all of those who supported us in the 2015 Human Race! It was such a nice day and the kids and parents had a blast! We are so grateful that we to participate in such a great community event and that we have the support of other members of our community! Thank you to all those who chose to sponsor a youth this year! It not only supports our youth, parents, and our programs, but also gives our students an opportunity to participate in this great event (and try and beat their time from last year!)
We are currently seeking a
Youth Program Manager!
As the Youth Program Manager you will oversee our Youth Programs. You will report directly to the Executive Director and work with our Parent Program Manager to ensure quality programming for our community. See below for more information:
- After-school program (mid-August through 2015 school year): Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesday from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.; Thursdays from 2:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.; and Fridays from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Summer program (June through August): Mondays-Thursdays 12:00 p.m – 5:00 p.m.
- Other responsibilities are completed at the Garden Quarter office during non-programming hours.
- Total hours: 25 hours per week
Background & Experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Experience working with a social agency, specifically with youth and families preferred
- Experience managing programs or projects
- Experience with volunteer management or recruitment
Job Responsibilities & Expectations
- Ability to initiate, organize and implement all aspects of the Youth Program activities and core elements
- Enroll, track and supervise youth within the program
- Keep open communication with Parent Program Manager regarding Youth Program updates
- Track and provide program data to Executive Director regarding the Youth Program
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment within the program
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining community partnerships
- Assist families in accessing community resources
- Volunteer management: recruit, train and supervise volunteers; host volunteer trainings
- Remain flexible to the needs of the program and organization
Skills & Specifications
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and independently, and to see them through to completion within time constraints
- Excellent listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Commitment and respect for diversity
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals
- Knowledge of McHenry County community agencies and resources a plus
- Ability to demonstrate interactive skills with children and adults
- Basic data entry skills needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Application, Resume, & Cover Letter
Applicants meeting the above requirements: please complete our Youth Program Manager application. Please email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. Only email applications are accepted.
April 26th at 8:00 am
McHenry County College
YOU, community members, and organizations in McHenry Couty
read below to get involved!
Sponsor a Youth
With this option, sponsors pay the registration fee for one of our students so that they can participate in the race! Registration fee prior to race day is $35. You can sponsor a youth by:
- donating $35 online here or
- sending a check made out to Garden Quarter Neighborhood Resource Center to 4508 Garden Quarter Rd. #36 McHenry, IL 60050
We will register our youth with your sponsorship! Your sponsorship will support the McHenry County Volunteer Center and our organization as well as giving a great opportunity to one of our students to participate in a great community activity! Individuals can sponsor more that one youth; give $35 for each youth you’d like to sponsor!
Walk or Run in the Race
Join us on the 26th to walk or run in the race! Click here to register and designate your race fee to benefit our organization!
Donate to Garden Quarter
You can still support our organization even if you can’t make it to the race on April 26th! Click here to donate to our organization through a secure donation page on Active.com